Hope you had a not-too-terrible week. I know here in Chicago I’ve been thrown off by the weather pretty much every day and swamped with midterm prep. And I’m pretty sure A has been swallowed by the Wedding Monster.
Safe to say, with another hectic week under our belts, we need to find a little happiness and fun this Friday. This Friday, A and I will share with you things we’ve found in the past few weeks that we feel are worth a share. Hopefully this can help get you through the last day of the work/school week!
1. Life After Life: My favorite form of escapism has always been reading. But there are obviously books that provide a better journey than others. This is a really interesting story about a woman who can’t die (not giving anything away!). It’s told beautifully with a mix of dark and light moments.
2. Blackthorn Cider: Because of my celiac, I’ve had to totally cut out beer. And man, do I miss it. Most of the time, I have to opt for ciders, which are okay on one-off, sunshiney days, but other than that – blech. Too sweet! Blackthorn is a dry cider from the UK. Next time you’re out and about (and over 21, boos), you have to try it. I’ve had it at Berry Park in Williamsburg and Drop Off Service (LOVE) in the East Village.
3. Bacon the Maltipoo: Self Explanatory. Also more to come on my recent obsession with getting a dog…
4. THESE BATHS in Tribeca, recommended by my good friend G. She told me I have to go during one of my workplace-wedding-stress-meltdowns. God bless her. This is going to be my pre-wedding gift to myself (because apparently my wedding isn’t gift enough – spoiled?)
1. This song : How Did I Get Here, Odesza
Actually, I discovered this song a month or so ago, but recently I have not been able to stop listening to it. Also I really hope you guys appreciate me sharing this, because I can be a music snob and sharing my music is just not what I do.
2. Check out my friend, M’s blog – Streeter. She posted a lavandar chai recipe this week and while I haven’t had the chance to actually make it yet (I’m dying to do so), I have no doubt it’s totally delicious. Plus, her photos are ah-mazing. Here’s a little preview:
3. The fact that at Chipotle you can get a burrito wrapped IN A QUESADILLA. A “quesarito”. Okay, stop. This is my life-long dream, how did I not know about this before?
4. This quote :
“ I think everything in life is art. What you do. How you dress. The way you love someone, and how you talk. Your smile and your personality. What you believe in, and all your dreams. The way you drink your tea. How you decorate your home. Or party. Your grocery list. The food you make. How your writing looks. And the way you feel. Life is art. ” — Helena Bonham Carter
A & K